Saturday, September 26, 2009

Update 5

Selamat Hari Raya - Maaf zahir dan batin. I received hundreds of Raya cards from members and as such wished to thank all of you for remembering us in ISM. It's touching as I have never received such many cards. I'm also glad for the messages and phone calls that thanked for the Raya card from the President and ISM.

It's been a week since Raya and its only today that I am able to write in. I've not been feeling well having a terrible bout of coughing that left me nausea and dizzy for weeks. But despite that the President's actitivities representing ISM still went on. I represented ISM for the meetings held by Board of QS Malaysia (BQSM) on 7 Sept for the BQSM Publicity and IT subcommittee, on 11 Sept the meeting for the BQSM registration subcommittee, and on 14 sept for the BQSM revision of the Act subcommittee, .

10 Sept was another hectic day where in the morning we had the Partnering Universities meeting. In the afternoon I attended the CIDB excellence award panel meeting and in the evening I joined the PCVS committee for a berbuka puasa at Hotel Istana. I thank the PCVS committee members for inviting the President. The next day on 11 Sept, I attended a meeting organised by RICS to discuss on the RICS/ISM student conference meeting tentatively to be held in January 2010. Two days before Hari Raya, on 16 Sept we held the ISM Management Committee meeting to discuss issues to be presented for the Council meeting. As if that is not enough and giving me no time to prepare my Rendang and Ketupat for Raya, we had a meeting with MIDA to discuss ISM's application for the 'Services Sector Capacity Development Fund' (SSDF). The meeting with MIDA officers was worth the 'Rendang and Ketupat time' as it gave us valuable information on revising ISM applications for the fund. In addition, on the eve Raya evening I had to go to CIDB to finalize my evaluation for the CIDB excellent awards. All these done in between the awful horrible coughing.

I was not able to enjoy the one week of the Raya holiday due to the coughing and not being able to sleep well. Hopefully all of you are not as miserable as I was and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.

Anyway on 26 Sept, together with Dr Ting and Katherine we finalized the revised ISM application for the SSDF as per the format required by MIDA. I do hope ISM members could join me to pray that our application would be approved and we would be able to organize the training & outreach programs, and the ISM upgrade & modernization programs.

Please note that on 28 Sept we scheduled the ISM council meeting together with ISM open house. Do attend the high-tea which we have organized for members to be held at Armada Hotel from 5.00 - 7.00 pm. I need to excuse myself by 6.30 pm to attend a launching by the edge magazine. Then on 29 Sept together with Sr Fadilah Camaluddin we have been invited by UTM Johor to give talks to their students with regards to ISM and challenges to the profession. Lastly on 30 Sept, CIDB scheduled the excellent award meeting.

So my dear members, again SELAMAT HARI RAYA and don't forget to attend the ISM open house to be held on 28 Sept at Armada Hotel from 5.00 - 7.00. See you there

Sr Wan Maimun Wan Abdullah
26 Sept 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment