Friday, November 20, 2009

Update 9

Hello

I chaired the QS accreditation council BQSM meeting on 13 nov to discuss issues with regards to the accreditation of QS qualifications, discussion with MQA & ISM, and the visit to several universities in UK in Jan 2009. In the afternoon I attended the 1st BQSM excellent award 2010 committee meeting to discuss criteria for the several awards by the BQSM. On 16 Nov I represented ISM in the Green Building Index consultative Panel chaired by PAM. We discuss issues with regards to the incentives of going green i.e. present incentives and new incentives under the newly presented Budget. The discussion also touches on other wish list incentives.In the evening there was a talk on the Green Building index.

The next three days from 17 Nov to 19 Nov was a whirlwind of personal errands for my impending month leave. I was suppose to chair the council meeting held this afternoon on 19 Nov but due to some other pressing commitments I had to, at the last minute, request the Deputy president Sr Elvin to take over the chair for the council meeting.

Tomorrow I will be on leave and will only be back on 21 Dec 2009. So I wish to take this opportunity to wish all of you happy holidays and a merry Christmas (I hope its not too early). For Muslims who will be going for Haj - let us all pray for forgiveness, easy passage, and we be bestowed by Allah (swt) Haji Mabrur.

That's it for now. I do hope I would be able to continue with this rambling in the President's corner when I come back later. Take care

Salam
Sr Wan Maimun Wan Abdullah

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sr Wan Maimun,
    I am thinking of proposing you to be appointed as a member of the Board of Studies for QS at KLIUC. Would you be able to accept this appointment which is on a yearly basis?
    Thanks & regards,
    Sr. J.K. Quek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. I am impress that you still managed to write something in the midst of everything even before you leave? Such dedication ...

    ReplyDelete