Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update 18

Dear Members

This will be my last post in the President's corner as ISM president. Tomorrow will be held the International Surveyors' Congress until 18 June 2010. It will be followed by the divisional AGM in the evening of 18 June 2010. The next day will be ISM AGM and the nite we celebrate the 49th Annual Dinner where I will be handing the chain of office to the Deputy President Sr Elvin Fernandez.

It's been a blast and I love every minute of it. It's been a real hectic session - several friends had advised me to slow down. How can I slow down when I am enjoying what I am doing. Of course there were challenges and issues but I take it in my stride and whatever we have decided to do we "Just do it". Of course these were made easy for me cos I received such support from Katherine and the secretariat, the councilors that include the management committee. The icing to the cake is that within these hives of activities I completed my PhD and perform my Haj.

I am equally proud of all the activities that we had done. I set 3 targets when I took over the presidency namely (1)upgrade and modernization of ISM secretariat.
(2)Increase awareness and publicity of ISM and the profession (3)Increase international exposure. I am glad to report that we were able to achieve all the set goals. But the council's KPI is in the hand of the members. If members do not feel connected with ISM, or do not feel the impact of what we have done then I may have failed in my duty to represent the members. But before members judged us I hope you would attend the AGM to be held on 19 June 2010 and read the Annual Report that described all the activities, programs and events that we had organized in relation to the 3 set targets.

But if one was to ask me which particular events or programs carried out were my favourites I would say these - the Personalised diary, Climb Mt Kinabalu with the President charity event, Galaxy of Surveying stars, Jamborees for undergraduates, Young Achievers Award for secondary school students, ISM career day by Johor Branch, Sabah Surveyors congress by Sabah Branch, and the setting up of the ISM UK chapter. I held these dear to my heart. It's a powerful tool for the branding of the Surveyors and the impact of these goes a long way.

So I would like to give thanks to all these wonderful people Ms Katherine and the secretariat, Sr Elvin Fernandez, councilors, Past Presidents, Presidents of the Surveying Professional Boards, UK chapter pro-tem committee, consultant firms and ISM strategic partners CIMB, Akzonobel ICI Paint, and Bluescope.

Salam
Assoc Prof Sr Dr Wan Maimun Wan Abdullah

2 comments:

  1. Sr Wahizam - UK ChapterJune 17, 2010 at 6:11 AM

    Madam
    Well said. A lot of achievement in such a short period of time. All in all...pardon my language but , IT IS ONE HELL OF A JOB and Well done. See you at our UK Chapter launch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sr Maria - UK ChapterJune 17, 2010 at 6:14 AM

    Dear Madam

    What more can I say...there goes our Iron Lady!!! Ain't no mountain high enough....you have done it all and definitely make us proud. Congratulations on a job very well done.

    Having said that....thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete