Thursday, May 20, 2010

Update 16

Dear Members

In 4 days time a group of lady Surveyors will attempt to climb the Mt Kinabalu. The objective is clear - we've set a challenge to ourselves and we have to do it. This may be a case of putting your foot in your mouth or as the old saying says "Terlajak perahu boleh berundur tapi terlajak kata mesti dikota". I had always believe that once you have made up your mind, crazy as it maybe, then "Just do it". To take advantage of this crazy idea we decide it to be a charity event and have identified two organizations in need of financial assistance. The charity drive was only solicited from the council members, corporate partners and friends. But if anyone would like to donate you are most welcome and please contact Katherine.

In March I attended the Sabah Surveyor's congress and I took the opportunity to visit the Kinabalu park and the Timpohan gate to familiarise myself and see what I've gotten myself into. Before this visit I don't know what to expect as such it was a fear of the unknown. Now that I have seen the trail now it is a fear of the known!!

I've just recovered from a month of open wound dressing that is healing well. However ten days ago I again had a little accident when I cut my little finger while opening a tin, that needed 6 stitches which hopefully would healed for the stitches to be taken out today. My exercise regime is not going regularly well for the past 3 months due to work, family commitment, poor weather, and of course that awful little voice that keep giving excuses "not today, definitely tomorrow" - and like the James Bond movie "Tomorrow never come". During those time that I could, I did the treadmill in the gym, went to Bukit Gasing twice, and climb the stairs instead of the lift (unless I'm wearing high-heel). And to top that up I'm not too crazy about height and I've never climb a tree, I can't stand extreme cold weather, I have corns on the sole of my feet, I don't like taking vitamin pills and my right knee make some sound when I do my daily prayer.

So there you go - and your president want to climb the mountain!!! Please pray for us. I take comfort in having two experienced climbers in the group and I especially requested past secretary general Sr Abdul Hadi to tag along. So wish us good luck and say a prayer.

Salam
Sr Wan Maimun

4 comments:

  1. Wahizam - ISM UK ChapterMay 21, 2010 at 4:45 AM

    Wow...at last it's the time that we are all waiting for..the 'CLIMB'. Well, it is not a rocket science and people will normally say that....if everybody can do it, you can do it but....cakap memang senanglah kan????

    No worries, you can definitely do it...we have faith in all of our Lady surveyors...there goes our IRON LADIES!!!!

    Make sure you tag in some photos next week. You all will always be in our prayers...and always remember that MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

    Best of luck (not that you need it, though) and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to all our iron ladies ...... Mt Kinabalu, here we come!!! You can do it! Make us all proud and take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. ain't no mountain high enough for you and the team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - we did it!!! thanks to all your thoughts and prayers. the "CLIMB" happened and we are also proud of ourselves. this mountain aint no high anymore.

    ReplyDelete